Soya is one of the best sources of protein for vegetarians. It is considered to be the perfect meat substitute. It is loaded with proteins and other necessary nutrients. You can buy soybeans, soy nuggets to prepare various delicious dishes.
Soya protein is low in fat and contains a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids, minerals, isoflavones and protein. In spite of its wonderful health benefits, people don’t often eat it. Here are some of the best soya protein supplement recipes that will make you a soya fan.
1. Soya Kababs
This recipe will not disappoint your buds. To make this recipe you need 2 cups of soya chunks (boiled and drained), half cup of Poha, 150g of cottage cheese, 1 big size finely chopped onion, small piece of grated ginger, 1 ½ tbsp garlic paste, 2 finely chopped green chillies, 1 tbsp of each garam masala and chaat masala, ½ tbsp of chilli powder, 1 tbsp of each coriander powder and jeera powder, salt to taste and dhania leaves.
- Take boiled soya nuggets, mash them and put them in a bowl.
- Put all the Ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Prepare kebabs from the mixtures by giving them the shape of seekh kebabs.
- Deep fry them in hot oil and serve them with green chutney.
2. Soya Seekh
This recipe is the vegan version of the classic and delicious seekh kebab. What makes this soya seekh recipe healthier is the ingredients used and the way it is made. Soya and oatmeal is used to make this kebab and is baked so it really couldn’t get better for the weight-watchers and vegans. Try this yummy and super healthy soya seekh kebab recipe.
- Soak the 50g soya flakes in water for about 5 minutes.
- Boil 2 tbsp bengal gram, 50-gram soya flakes, finely chopped 1 medium carrot and 4 medium beans for 5 minutes.
- Add 20g un-soaked flakes, 2 medium chopped onions, 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, 1tbsp of garam masala, and 2 green chilies to the above. Grind into paste.
- Add 2 tbsp oatmeal, 2 tbsp oil, salt, 1/2 tbsp of each red chili powder, coriander powder, 2 tbsp lime juice and coriander leaves. Make a paste and let it sit for at least 1 hour.
- Now grease your hands and skew the seekh mix on skewers and grill in the pre-heated oven for 7-10 minutes at 220°C, occasionally turn them to evenly brown on all sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
3. Oat & Soya Pancakes
Kickstart your day with these tasty soya and oat pancakes. To make this recipe you need 150 gms soya flour, 200 gms oats, 1 tsp coriander, 2 chillies and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Soak oats in the water for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Grind soaked oats and all the other ingredients.
- Add salt to taste and water to the batter if desired.
- The batter should have pouring consistency.
- Now heat 2 to 3 drops oil in a pan.
- Prepare a pancake about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cook it on both the sides till it turns medium brown.
- Serve them hot with chutney, sauce, or curd.
4. Soya Stir Fry
It is an easy and simple recipe that can be prepared without much vegetables yet gives amazing taste and good nutrition. To make this recipe, you need 1 cup soaked soyabean chunks, 1 each onion, tomato and capsicum roughly chopped, 2-3 tbsp of oil for cooking, 1 tbsp of each soy sauce, brown vinegar, ketchup, and white sesame seeds, 4 cloves garlic and salt and red chilli to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, capsicum, onion and saute.
- Then add soya chunks and tomato.
- Add salt and red chilli or spices of your choices.
- Add sauces; soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and cook on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and sprinkle some sesame seeds on it.
Have you tried any of these recipes? Feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section below.